In order to be able to compete with other larger corporations in the lobbying effort for REALTOR party, NAR is proposing a dues increase.
The initiative proposes a dedicated dues increase of $40. The proposal will be voted on by the NAR Board of Directors at the Midyear Legislative Meetings & Trade Expo in May.
Here is a complete breakdown showing how your membership dues are used:
- $ 23 Legislative/Regulatory Advocacy
- $ 10 Economic and Technological Research
- $ 5 Publications (REALTOR® Magazine and Realtor.org)
- $ 15 Consumer and Member Relationship Building
- $ 7 Code of Ethics/Legal Policy, Enforcement
- $ 5 Commercial/International Alliance Partnerships
- $ 15 State and Local Association Services and Support
- $ 0 All Volunteer Leadership, All Governance, All Committee Activity
(all paid from non-dues revenue, none of your $80 goes here)
- $ 0 Realtor.com
- $ 0 Sentrilock
- $ 0 *REALTORS® Federal Credit Union
- $ 0 ePD (ePropertyData)Code of Ethics/Legal Policy, Enforcement
- $ 0 REFormsnet
- $ 0 RIN
- $ 0 REBAC
- $ 0 *Second Century Ventures
- = $ 80 total, annually
So what do you think? Are you opposed to an extra $40 per year to lobby for homeownership? I personally don’t mind.